There’s no escaping the toll that Covid19 is taking on employers and the surge in unemployment numbers prove it. It’s important now more than ever to lean on the technology that you have in place to help weather the storm. Here are 10 ways we suggest employers can lean on their payroll/HRIS system to do so. Of course all systems are not created equal and the list below is based on many standard features that exist, however, if you have any questions about your system’s capabilities, we’re here to help, just give us a call.
- Recruiting – You may have hit the pause button on recruiting, however, you’d likely still want to keep your hot prospects engaged for when the economy picks back up. If you have an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) you can use it to track those in your pipeline and send messages too just to let them know you’re thinking of them.
- Onboarding – If you are lucky enough to still be hiring a candidate or two, be sure you are leveraging your mobile onboarding app since you can’t talk to them face to face.
- Email Blasts – If you don’t already have an easy way to do email blasts, it’s highly likely that one if your HRIS/Payroll system has an email blast feature where you can select all or a subset of the population to send messages too.
- Covid-19 Related Webinars – Many vendors have posted webinars regarding measures they’ve taken to support legislative changes. Wait times to speak to your account managers may have drastically spiked, so these are good to checkout in the meantime. They also give general overviews of the actual legislative changes (we’ve also linked some helpful resources below).
- New Leave Codes – new codes have been established to track employees on leave specifically related to Covid19, this will be helpful in terms of tracking eligibility for FFCRA Tax Credits.
- Reporting and Analytics – You can run reports based off employee home address to gain an idea of where your most vulnerable populations in relation to Covid19 hotspots. As a reminder, you can not specifically ask or share the name of someone who has Covid19, but you can share general information with employees as far as who “may have been exposed” based on where they are, etc.
- Audit Emergency Contact Info – Run reports to see what data might be missing and then reach out to employees to fill in those gaps.
- Mobile Apps – Use your push notification feature to quickly reach employees with important updates.
- Video Conferencing – Ok, so this one doesn’t necessarily come with your HRIS/Payroll, but there are many solutions out there, some have basic/free versions such as Zoom. It’s great to check in with employees “face to face” and hold meetings this way as well.
- Employee Engagement – Take advantage of features like surveys, journaling and recognition/feedback tools to let employees know you are with them and supporting them during these turbulent times.
We’ve included links to other helpful websites below, but as always we’re here to help and support you any time.